Dentures in Greeley & Fort Collins, CO
Dentures are used when a person is missing all or most of their natural teeth. This could be the result of an injury or declining oral health. Dentures are a great way to still enjoy the benefits that come with healthy and natural teeth like chewing with ease. They are easy to use and offer a fast and effective solution to overcoming severe tooth loss.
Dentures are prosthetic teeth secured to a gum-colored base. They can be secured with or without dental implants, but it’s best to visit with us to discuss all available options and determine the best solution for your needs.
For patients in need of dentures, full mouth extraction is the process in which all of the teeth are removed for prosthetic dentures. This procedure has many benefits; including the ability to wear a full set of teeth that would otherwise not be possible, as well as extensive dental work done at once.
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional removable dentures require proper care to keep them clean, free from stains and looking great. Below are some cleaning steps and things to avoid when using traditional removable dentures:
- Remove and rinse dentures after eating by running water over them to remove food debris and loose particles.
- Handle them carefully and don’t bend or damage the plastic or clasps when cleaning.
- Clean your mouth after removing dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Brush your dentures once a day and soak them in a nonabrasive denture cleanser to remove food, plaque and other deposits.
- Soak dentures overnight in a mild denture-soaking solution to keep them moist and so they hold their shape.
- Schedule regular dental checkups so your dentists can ensure proper fit, prevent slippage and discomfort and check the inside of your mouth to ensure it stays healthy.
- Likewise, avoid abrasive cleaning materials, whitening toothpaste, and products containing bleach on your dentures, and hot or boiling water that could warp them.
Welcome to Park View Family Dental
Visit Us Today
Visit Us Today
Why Choose Us
- Cosmetic Dental Care For You To Have A Picture-Perfect Smile.
- Pain-Free Root Canal Treatments
- Flexible Dental Financing Options To Choose From.
- Clean And Comfortable Office Environment!