Regular Dental Checkups in Greeley & Fort Collins, CO
As leading dental hygienists in Greeley, we believe in the power of teeth cleanings, flossing, sealants, and fluoride to prevent dental disease. Our focus is on thorough dental care exams to check your teeth, gums, and overall health. At Park View Family Dental, we are equally concerned about your smile as we are your well-being.
You can expect a typical new patient hygiene and cleaning appointment to go as follows:
- Our front staff will welcome you with typical information gathering and answering any dental care questions you may have.
- Next, your dental hygienist will greet you in the waiting room.
- If dental X-rays or photos are required, they will be taken to understand the overall health of your mouth and accurately diagnose any dental issue.
- Then your dental hygienist will perform a teeth cleaning, polish, floss, and fluoride.
- Next, we will take a periodontal chart to write and record gingival and overall oral conditions relating to oral and periodontal (gum) health.
- Meet the doctor for an exam and discuss any areas of concern you may have or we may want to address.
- During your appointment with the doctor, please feel free to openly inquire about any dental concerns you may have.
- Schedule any needed treatment or simply your next 6-month cleaning appointment.
Expect this first appointment to take between 1 hour and 1.5 hours, so that we don’t rush you through or provide too much information too quickly for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many oral health concerns can only be detected through a thorough examination by a trained dentist. Dental checkups provide oral cancer screenings, digital X-rays to check for hidden issues, and professional cleanings to eliminate plaque, bacteria, and other buildups that daily brushing and flossing won’t effectively eliminate.
Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss, so early intervention is essential. Once gum disease has taken its toll on the tooth and supporting bone, it cannot be restored, but only managed or replaced. The dental hygienist will use a small ruler to gently measure the gum “pocket” around each of your teeth, making note of areas that you can’t clean with a toothbrush or floss. X-rays are used in conjunction with these measurements, to identify areas of bone recession.
Welcome to Park View Family Dental
Visit Us Today
Visit Us Today
Why Choose Us
- Cosmetic Dental Care For You To Have A Picture-Perfect Smile.
- Pain-Free Root Canal Treatments
- Flexible Dental Financing Options To Choose From.
- Clean And Comfortable Office Environment!